Saturday, October 5, 2013

October Unprocessed: Day 4


Date nights are another challenge - and I passed this one with flying colors!




Counterclockwise from bottom right: 


  • Lunch - spaghetti squash with green beans and home-canned tomato basil sauce (I use this recipe from BHG, but leave out the brown sugar) 
  • Snacks - throughout the day, mostly in the morning.  Cashews, mini bell peppers, tomatoes and carrots
  • Dinner - out to dinner with friends!  I had a side salad (mixed greens with goat cheese, almonds and strawberries with no dressing) and grilled swordfish (topped with shrimp, spinach, lemon and tomato) with veggies on the side.  
  • Wine tasting - I had about 2 glasses of wine plus a few nibbles of cheese at our Friday Night Flights.  My absolutely favorite winery, Rappahannock Cellars, has this event once a month for club members.  They taste 3-4 special edition wines paired with light snacks and you get to learn more about the processes they use and spend time talking with the people who own and work at the winery.  Last night we tasted (from the barrel) Chardonnay and Cab Franc, plus a Noblesse Cabernet Sauvingnon. Yum!!  
My challenge here is not to punish myself or avoid social situations - but make the best choices I can within the situation and have a wonderful time, while continuing to eat and feed my body what makes me feel the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment