I made a YUMMY salad for lunch this week.
- Bacon Lardons - basically really crispy bacon bits that take the place of croutons (get it, crout-ons...lard-ons) These are from NomNomPaleo's cookbook and something I add to a lot of salads. I added them to my deviled eggs earlier this week!
- Pearl Tomatoes on the vine (from Trader Joes) - quartered. I cut up about 8 or 10 tomatoes.
- A small amount of Trader Joes Mozzarella - chopped into chunks. I probably used about 1/5th of the log of mozzarella.
- BASIL! I tore up about 8 leaves for this. I like to tear instead of cutting since I think it bruises the leaf more and releases more scent and flavor.
- Aged Balsamic Vinegar - this is from Aldis and is part of their private label collection. They don't carry it all the time but it comes in a beautiful little square bottle.
Add it all to a bowl with a lid and shake. For best results (if you can!) let it sit in the fridge together so the flavors all blend. I made this in the morning before I left for school and by lunch time (let's be real, I couldn't wait so I ate it mid-morning) but it was perfect!
This tastes like summer to me! I would eat this every day if I could! So fresh and so yummy!