Friday, October 18, 2013

October Unprocessed: Day 17

I'm proud to say that even on a really stressful day like today I didn't overeat, make bad choices or derail my food choices.  I did "reward" myself with a little celebration treat at the end of the night, but it was a good choice.

  • Breakfast:   iHop Colorado Omelette.   Not the most unprocessed choice, but made with real eggs (did you know if you order a regular omelette they use a pre-mixed batter of eggs and pancake batter?  Apparently it makes for a really fluffy omelette....but also has hidden gluten!   Ask for "real eggs" or "cracked eggs" depending on your server)  This omelette has all kinds of meat, some cheese, tomatoes, green peppers, (I subbed spinach for onions) and salsa.  Plus a side of fruit (not pancakes!)
  • Lunch:  Leftover side salad from a local mexican place, El Fresco.   I wasn't hungry when I was there with a friend so I just got my salad to go.  Lettuce, tomatoes, olives, cheese and guacamole.  This place is great - they make everything to order and fresh.  AND they let me modify EVERYTHING.  I'm a really annoying customer here, but I tip accordingly. :)  If you are around Chantilly, be sure to check them out!
  • Reward/Treat/Dessert:   Coconut Milk CHocolate Mousse.  I followed her recipe mostly...I used maple syrup as my sweetener and cut the recipe in half.  It probably was still too much sweet for me...but I ate it anyway!  Delicious.  The key is to use Thai Kitchen brand of coconut milk and let it sit in your fridge for a few days to separate out the coconut milk/cream solids.   Thai Kitchen is the only brand that this has worked for me on.  



No comments:

Post a Comment