Monday, October 14, 2013

October Unprocessed: Day 13

So today was day 7 of cold, dreary, rainy weather here in Northern Virginia.  It was a great day for soup...and I took it to the extreme.



  • Breakfast:   I made a soup for breakfast, ala Paleo Parents directions. Homemade turkey stock, turkey, broccoli, carrots and kale.  I made turkey stock last winter when we ended up with two Christmas turkeys and I froze it in quart size ziploc bags.
  • Lunch:  The rest of the soup from breakfast and apples with paleo caramel sauce from Living Healthy with Chocolate.
  • Dinner:   Dinner out and I had a bowl of Tom Ka Gai (Coconut milk, lime, chicken soup) 
  • Dessert:  A nice cold glass of apple cider.  Always better in a wine glass!

And during Sunday Night Football I worked on this recipe from Civilized Caveman.   I am having friends over tomorrow afternoon for more soup.... This time it's a Bacon Butternut Squash soup.  This soup was SOOO much work, but tastes delicious.  We are headed out to enjoy the sunshine (FINALLY) and I will leave the soup on warm in the crockpot so it's ready when we come home!  

No comments:

Post a Comment