- Goals are great to have, but listening to my body and learning to adjust the goals I have for myself is more important. Sticking to an artificial goal and hurting myself further by pushing and pushing is not worth hurting myself. I set a mileage goal last year. With the hurty hip I've been dealing with since spring, I wasn't able to meet that goal, but I kept myself healthy.
- I am stronger than I ever thought - I finished a half marathon! And I blew my old time out of the water. I got faster and stronger week to week.
- To listen to my body and REST when I need it - this might be the HARDEST lesson of the year that I learned.
- To take a risk - and try for a new job that was beyond my comfort zone and away from my Brookfield family. Change is tough - but I did it! And I love the challenge and the new job!
- To balance work and play a little better in the second half of this year.
- To declutter and do more with less. Moving this year was a fabulous experience for me. I learned to let go of much of the stuff that was filling up my life. Selling, donating and letting go. Still working on this.
- That I like to try new things. It takes a while to feel brave enough and sure enough, but I like to try them! I tried Gravity class and Bikram hot yoga. Both are way out of my comfort zone. And I did both of them more than a few times!
- To make fabulous choices when it comes to food, most of the time. I met a goal in my weightloss and maintained it. I learned new habits and ways of eating that will be with me for the rest of my life.
- How much friends mean to me. I've learned much more about assessing the friendships.