Monday, January 27, 2014

I finished the detox yesterday...so why don't I want to eat the junk?

So yesterday I finished my 21 Day Sugar Detox.  I am proud of myself...and I really wanted wine these last few days of the challenge.

Today, I decided to try some chocolates that a dear friend got me yesterday when we were out wining.  They did a couple of truffle tastings these last few weeks and I haven't participated in them.  When she got them for me, I was sure I'd want one for breakfast!  Hehehe


But I did not have a chocolate truffle for breakfast.


Or for lunch.


Mid afternoon, before I left work I decided to try one - the salted caramel one.  It was SOOOO sweet!  I thought I wouldn't be able to finish it!  I did eat it, but I sure didn't enjoy it like I thought I would.  Whoa baby!  What is going on here!??

For dinner tonight, this same dear friend came over for an impromptu dinner party.  We talked about going out somewhere for something decadent, but I wanted to cook some of my favorites. We had mini mexi meatloaf with green bean bacon bundles.  Yum!!



I did pour some yummy red wine... but here we are 3 hours later and I still have most of it in my glass!  WHAT is happening!??  It sure tastes delicious, but I felt tipsy after just a few sips!   We visited more and I sipped a little more...but here we are with all this in my glass still!


So I think this whole 21 Day Sugar Detox did all the things for me that it should have done!  It reset my tastebuds, got me back on track with cravings and choices.  Whew! And it really wasn't too difficult to stick to for the entire 21 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment