This week was a lot like last week - many of the same improvements continued! I did find that I struggled on day 18 and 19. I wanted a glass of wine and some chocolate like NOBODY'S business! But I didn't give in, because it seemed ridiculous to have worked so hard and not make it to the end.
Finally, today, one of the ladies at a winery visit tried quite a bit to get me to have some wine today. I explained what I was doing...and she said something like, "Oh! But you already made it to your last day...of course have some now!" and I told her how silly that was....that I'd worked hard to finish!
Do you want to try the 21 Day Sugar Detox? There were a few things that helped me get through this without too much struggle.
- Buy Diane's book before you get started. . And read it. Really read it. Get an idea of what this will be like for you and pick out the recipes you are most likely to enjoy!
- Plan your recipes and grocery shop wisely.
- Always pack a snack. Even if you don't think you'll need it. That way you aren't tempted to swing through a drive through or pick up a snack when you're hungry.
- Sign up here for the free 21 Day Sugar Detox emails. They were soo spot on to what I was feeling and very encouraging at exactly the right moment.
- Find friends to do this with you! Email, text, call. Share recipes, encourage each other and know you are accountable to others.
- Like the 21 Day Sugar Detox on Facebook - lots of encouragement and thoughtfully posed questions to help you think through the changes you are experiencing.
This week, my favorite recipe that I tried was the Shepherd's Pie from the 21 Day Sugar Detox book.
I would be lying if I said I'm not looking forward to a nice bold glass of wine tomorrow.
But moving forward, I plan to keep dairy out for a while. Definitely keep gluten out forever. And I want to limit my fruit. I think I can keep moving in this positive direction, improving how I feel! even more!