Sunday, January 26, 2014

21 Day Sugar Detox - Week 3 Reflections and Tips for Success!

So today is it...I'm at the end of my 21 Day Sugar Detox.  I did it!  And I feel such a sense of accomplishment.   I made it through some distinct challenges (3 snow days!! Wining adventures!!) and I did this for myself.  I felt the need to take on this challenge to straighten up my eating, my cravings and my body.  I already knew how good I feel when I eat cleanly....and I just needed a structure to get back in the groove.

This week was a lot like last week - many of the same improvements continued!   I did find that I struggled on day 18 and 19.   I wanted a glass of wine and some chocolate like NOBODY'S business!  But I didn't give in, because it seemed ridiculous to have worked so hard and not make it to the end.

Finally, today, one of the ladies at a winery visit tried quite a bit to get me to have some wine today.  I explained what I was doing...and she said something like, "Oh!  But you already made it to your last day...of course have some now!" and I told her how silly that was....that I'd worked hard to finish!

Do you want to try the 21 Day Sugar Detox?   There were a few things that helped me get through this without too much struggle.


  • Buy Diane's book before you get started. . And read it.  Really read it.  Get an idea of what this will be like for you and pick out the recipes you are most likely to enjoy!
  • Plan your recipes and grocery shop wisely. 
  • Always pack a snack.   Even if you don't think you'll need it.  That way you aren't tempted to swing through a drive through or pick up a snack when you're hungry.
  • Sign up here for the free 21 Day Sugar Detox emails.  They were soo spot on to what I was feeling and very encouraging at exactly the right moment.
  • Find friends to do this with you!  Email, text, call.  Share recipes, encourage each other and know you are accountable to others.
  • Like the 21 Day Sugar Detox on Facebook - lots of encouragement and thoughtfully posed questions to help you think through the changes you are experiencing.
This week, my favorite recipe that I tried was the Shepherd's Pie from the 21 Day Sugar Detox book.  








I would be lying if I said I'm not looking forward to a nice bold glass of wine tomorrow.

But moving forward, I plan to keep dairy out for a while.  Definitely keep gluten out forever.  And I want to limit my fruit.  I think I can keep moving in this positive direction, improving how I feel! even more! 





No comments:

Post a Comment