Day 5 was delicious - and my headaches are gone. I am still cooking for each meal - today though, I ate three meals that were prepared on Day 4 or earlier in the week. I had N'Oatmeal with a half banana and sliced almonds for breakfast, banola and coffee for a snack, chili, carrots and almonds for lunch. All of these were prepared ahead of time. :) Dinner was a stuffed vegetable bell pepper and bacon basil cauliflower rice.
Stuffed vegetable bell peppers (makes 4)4 bell peppers
1/2 lb of ground beef
1 small zuchinni
1/2 pint of canned tomatoes
1 small (6 oz) can of tomato paste
spices to taste (I used a bit of chili powder, oregano and chili pepper flakes)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet. Discard any extra grease.
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers. Remove the core from the pepper "bowls" and discard the cores and seeds. Place the three pepper "bowls" into a baking dish or pan.
- Remove the stems from the tops and chop up the remaining pepper flesh from the tops. Add the chopped peppers to the ground beef pan and soften just a little.
- Grate the zuchinni and squeeze the grated vegetable in a paper towel to remove excess water.
- In a bowl, mix your spices, canned tomatoes, tomato paste, ground beef, grated zuchinni and chopped peppers.
- Stuff into the peppers and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.