Monday, January 6, 2014

21 Day Sugar Detox: Day One

Today started off really well. It was my first day back to work after a really long winter break. I actually was excited to start this challenge on the first day back into a routine.

I actually woke up when my alarm went off the first time. Nothing short of a miracle.

I got up and made breakfast (plus I drank the first bottle of water), and I packed my lunch before I settled down to enjoy breakfast with a nice hot cup of coffee. My days always go better when I start without rushing to get out the door!

Funny story about cravings at work - we had 3 little chocolate bears left over from the holiday party we had. Those little bears were staring me down this morning! Daring me to eat them!! When our 5th period boys came in, I asked them to do me a huge favor and eat those bears! Hehee. THey laughed (at me or with me?) when I told them the bears were begging me to eat them and I wasn't going to give in!

I ran a bunch of errands after school today - and I was definitely beginning to get a bit hungry and tempted when I passed yumminess on the shelves. I stayed strong and came home to make a yummy dinner.

I also made almond milk tonight - It was absolutely delicious. However, it's a lot of work (and a lot of mess) for just one little pint jar of milk! But it was really creamy and delicious.

Tomorrow we are off school for extreme cold - I'm a little nervous about the munchies setting in tomorrow.. I have prepped by getting the junk (leftover Christmas cookies and candy especially) out of this house!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment