Monday, February 25, 2013

Roasted Chili and Rosemary Cashews

I recently had some rosemary Marcona almonds and they were absolutely delicious. I also accidentally bought a large bag of raw cashews. These were not so delicious. So I set out to find a recipe for roasting Cashews and I also have a recent obsession with Rosemary since those Marcona almonds.

This is my second batch of roasted cashews. The first was simply a tiny bit of coconut oil and Sea salt. For these I decided to get a little more creative. I started with the cashews and about a teaspoon or less of coconut oil. Then I added dried rosemary and dried chili pepper flakes. Stir them up and spread them in a single layer on a baking pan. Bake at 2:50 for about 20 to 25 minutes until they are starting to brown a little bit.

The best part is the smell of the roasted cashews. It almost smells like fresh bread. And then the taste of the rosemary and roasted nutty goodness of the cashews and a little heat from the chili, make these amazing!

I'm excited to try other spice combinations and use fresh herbs one spring rolls around.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment