This morning I did the hardest and craziest 5k I have ever done. I finished the Blood and Guts 5K at a local Paintball park. This was a nutty 5K and obstacle course - logs to crawl under and over, an army crawl in pumpkin guts, a climbing wall, several times back and forth across a creek on rocks and boards and even a "blood and guts pit!" All while being chased, scared and attacked by Zombies and Monsters (they launched foam balls and bats at us!)
The fact that I did this, that I made it means so much to me... I never thought I'd be able to do this! BUT even more important, this was my 12th 5K of the year. I set a goal, back in February to get moving and do 12 5Ks in the year 2012.
I started out just walking these races. I was slow, but I was moving.
I slowly started running some, then walking, then running more. And this is how I finished my races. I run and run and run now and I love it! Sometimes I have to stop to walk and it's ok, then I run again after the next little bit. But I am doing them.
And today, I finished my 12th. I completed my goal. I started on the 24th of March and finished today, November 4th. That is 37.2 miles raced in 32 weeks , or the equivalent of 8 months. I not only met that goal but I blew my goal out of the water!!
- March 24 - Rev 3 Run Rogue 5K at Fairfax Corner
- March 25 - RMH 5K in Ashburn
- April 15 Strides for Success 5K at Fairfax Corner
- May 5 Run for Kids 5K in Leesburg
- May 20 - GOTR 5k at GMU
- June 9 - Buzzing for a cure 5k in Herndon
- September 23 - Asha Jyothi 5k at Fairfax Corner
- September 30 - Cody's Crew 5K in Manassas
- October 6 - Soles for Hope in Chantilly
- October 20 - Color Run at National Harbor, MD
- October 27 - Goblin Gallop at Fairfax Corner
- November 4 - Blood and Guts 5K in Aldie
And today, I am proud. I am so much stronger - and so much healthier. And I needed to write about it!! Thanks for reading!