Sunday, January 29, 2012

Scrapbook Weekend

In January I attended a weekend long scrapbook retreat in Shepherdstown, WV.    This is the third or fourth time I have attended and this truly is one of the best retreats I have participated in.

Creative Crops is the company that puts this on - they usually hold 2 retreats a year, one in April and one in January and sometimes one in the fall.   The next one (April) is open for registration now.  :)


I love these weekends for a couple of reasons.
  • I go with a great bunch of ladies and we have a blast.  It is fun to be away from all the cares of the world and to be around such fun girlfriends.    
  • Everything is available at the hotel - we stay there, we scrapbook there, we have vendors there, we have access to manicures/pedicures/massages, the restaurant is where we eat and the bar is close.   The bartenders even come into the scrap room and take orders each night.   
  • There are opportunities to get rid of stuff you don't use - both a "yard sale" table to see goods and a "freebie" table.   There are so many people at this event that someone wants what you don't!
  • Plus there are contests and competitions - and I LOVE to win!  

I find that I am incredibly productive on these weekends - I get caught up on scrapbooking, usually get a few craft projects or mini-books done.

  Check out all of our stuff!   We had 7 in our group and were all at one table.
 A delicious drink I got from the bar at the hotel - Mmmmm!  Snowdrift!

The only drawback is packing up my stuff and figuring out what I need to take to finish my projects.  I've had a couple of really successful weekends and those always seem to be when I plan well ahead of time.   However, this time I brought more stuff, not well packed and had most of what I needed anyway.   I have been working hard to clear out stuff that I don't use so I have less to decide to bring or not.   

I did enter the layout contest this weekend - and won a massage!
This is the layout that won.  What do you think?


I finished 19 pages for my sister's album, 4 pages for my mom's book, a mini-book for my parents, a banner for my office door, 8 pages for my book and cleaned out much of my stuff.  
Here is a look at some of the projects I completed.











No comments:

Post a Comment