Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 in Review - What I've Learned About Me!!

Looking back, 2012 was incredible.  I set goals and blew them out of the water.  I met challenges head on and went into 2013 with even loftier goals.  And I learned a TON about myself while I worked toward those goals.

I learned 


  • Goals are great to have, but listening to my body and learning to adjust the goals I have for myself is more important.  Sticking to an artificial goal and hurting myself further by pushing and pushing is not worth hurting myself.  I set a mileage goal last year.   With the hurty hip I've been dealing with since spring, I wasn't able to meet that goal, but I kept myself healthy.
  • I am stronger than I ever thought - I finished a half marathon!  And I blew my old time out of the water.  I got faster and stronger week to week.  
  • To listen to my body and REST when I need it - this might be the HARDEST lesson of the year that I learned. 
  • To take a risk - and try for a new job that was beyond my comfort zone and away from my Brookfield family.   Change is tough - but I did it!  And I love the challenge and the new job!
  • To balance work and play a little better in the second half of this year.   
  • To declutter and do more with less.  Moving this year was a fabulous experience for me.  I learned to let go of much of the stuff that was filling up my life.  Selling, donating and letting go.  Still working on this.
  • That I like to try new things.  It takes a while to feel brave enough and sure enough, but I like to try them!  I tried Gravity class and Bikram hot yoga.  Both are way out of my comfort zone. And I did both of them more than a few times!
  • To make fabulous choices when it comes to food, most of the time.   I met a goal in my weightloss and maintained it.  I learned new habits and ways of eating that will be with me for the rest of my life. 
  • How much friends mean to me.  I've learned much more about assessing the friendships

2013 was a great year of growth for me.  I'm looking forward to 2014 and so many new lessons!  I can't wait to see 2014 is ready to teach me!  I'm open and ready to learn and grow!


What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you." ~Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment