Sunday, September 15, 2013

Spinach Chips!

So you all know that I'm a huge fan of Kale chips.  On Pinterest last week I saw this pin with directions to make spinach chips.   The poster claimed they would beat kale chips hands down...and I had to see for myself!

Of course I had to tweak the recipe some, so here is what I did.

I started with organic spinach and left it in the plastic box it came in.  
In a ramekin, I melted one TBSP coconut oil and mixed in my seasonings - salt, pepper, oregano and rosemary.   
I poured the seasoned coconut oil into the box with the spinach leaves and shook like crazy.   
I picked out big, strong spinach leaves and laid them in a single layer on foil-covered cookie sheets.

Bake them in the oven at 325 for 8 minutes. Let them cool for about 5 minutes to "crisp."
  
Use a spatula or cake-lifter to carefully pick up the chips off the foil.  

Place them in a bowl and enjoy!

Now - I have made two sets of these (4 pans total) and I dont think they are as hearty as the kale chips I love.  They are much thinner and nearly see through!   The original post says to serve with a dip, but I had a hard time even picking them up without them crackling apart.  

Definitely not a fail....but not my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment