Friday, December 14, 2012

Sweet Potato Hash! YUM!

Ok, last night I had a big workout planned and I needed an easy to prepare, yummy breakfast for dinner.  :)   THat's what I was in the mood for!

So...sweet potato hash it was!   AND Ohhhhh was it delicious!

Ingredients
6 pieces of Nitrate Free Bacon
1-2 Sweet Potatoes depending on how big they are
2 eggs
salt and pepper
1 avocado
lime juice

First, slice the bacon and drop the little pieces into a hot skillet.  My bacon was about 1/2 in strips.  I won't lie to you - separating all those little pieces of bacon was annoying!


Cook until it is crispy, drain on a paper towel.   Set aside about half the bacon grease.   I just found that it created too much grease for me.  :)

Add chopped and peeled sweet potatoes to the hot grease, stir to coat them.  Try to chop these uniformly into little cubes - they will cook faster and will be more even this way.  Let them start to heat up, caramelize a little bit, get a little color.  
Add the bacon, cover and cook for about 10 minutes until sweet potatoes are soft.
Scoop out one avocado into a bowl, add a few squeezes of lime juice and mash together with a fork.   If you would like it smoother, use a food processor, but I really like chunky avocado!  My avocado was a little past ripe so I only had about half an avocado!
Fry two eggs - use some extra bacon grease if you like.  Divide the hash into two dishes, top with the fried egg and avocado mash!

SOOOOo goood!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment