Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Sweet - no added sugar - treat!

I have seen on Pinterest and all around the blog world this "one ingredient ice cream" made from bananas. I decided to change it up a bit. Last weekend I had a couple of browning bananas so I sliced them up into about inch slices and stored them in a big ziploc bag in the freezer. I was planning on making some sort of banana bread...but this was a good idea on a hot, stormy summery evening.

I added about a banana and a half worth of frozen slices (small bananas) to my tiny little food processor. I started the food processor....and let it chop up about half way. Then I added one HUMONGOUS strawberry, chopped up. I blended it until it seemed to be smooth - the last chunk was chopped up and it was almost whipped!

The strawberry flavor is very subtle. I will add a few more strawberries when I do this again! The texture is good and the icy deliciousness is a perfect, slightly sweet treat!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment