Saturday, January 5, 2013

What do I eat for breakfast?


I often am asked, "WHat do you eat for breakfast then!!?" when I tell people I don't eat any wheats or grains. Traditional breakfast foods (donuts, pastries, toast, bagels, muffins, french toast, pancakes, etc) are all grain!
First, I cook a breakfast every morning. It means I have to get up a little earlier, but having a nice warm and yummy breakfast is important to starting my day right!

And secondly, I eat a lot of meat and eggs. Haha. Bacon, ham, even steak or chicken. I scramble, poach, fry in a pan, even have done baked egg cups. My favorite is definitely the frittata.

But I also changed the way I think about breakfast - it doesn't have to be a "traditional" breakfast food. Often times I eat something leftover from an evening or lunch meal.

This morning I had veggies with chicken breast when I got up. I cut up 2 tomatoes, a yellow bell pepper and the leftover veggies from last night's dinner (zucchini and broccoli) into bit size pieces. I sautéed a couple of chicken breasts in a pan (no oil), added the veggies and covered with a lid just till the pepper softened up. I added some seasonings (pepper, a steak-and-chops herb mix and some cayenne pepper).... and voila! A delicious breakfast. This made 2 servings.

 

This was delicious, healthy and so filling! What do you eat for breakfast?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment