Saturday, September 22, 2012

Easy and Yummy Frittata

This morning I needed something easy and delicious and nutritious for breakfast.  I wanted to use up some leftover items that I used earlier in the week.  

An easy fritatta was the best choice!  An oh was it yummy!

I used 4 eggs (last of my big carton), about a half a bag of carrots, snowpeas and broccoli, a little handful of broccoli slaw, and a few oz of sharp cheddar cheese.  You could easily leave out the cheese if dairy doesn't agree with you.


I was so excited to make this that I didn't take step by step pictures - oops!   Here are the easy steps.

  • Crack eggs into a bowl, beat with a fork.  I added salt and pepper.  
  • Preheat a small skillet and lightly grease the pan with coconut oil.  Heat over medium heat.
  • Chop up your veggies.  I cut my carrots, broccoli and snow peas into bite size bits.
  • Add the eggs to the hot pan, let it cook for a few minutes.   
  • Add the veggies and cheese to the eggs - at this point the eggs should be set up on the bottom, but still very runny on top, so your veggies will sink down into the eggs. 
  • Let it continue to cook.   Many recipes say to put the skillet in the oven to finish cooking.  I let mine set up on the stove top, then covered the pan to cook it nearly all the way through.   Finally, I used that lid to help me flip the frittata over to finish up the last little bit of cooking.  
  • All together, this breakfast took me about 15 minutes to cook from start to finish.


I would like to make this again and use more eggs - this should be a little fluffier and fill up the pan more.   As it was, this 4 egg made a bit more than a full serving, but not quite enough to feed two (or for two meals) however, it used up the leftovers!   :)   I was able to slice it like a pizza and eat each little slice with my fingers or my a fork.   Delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment