An easy fritatta was the best choice! An oh was it yummy!
I used 4 eggs (last of my big carton), about a half a bag of carrots, snowpeas and broccoli, a little handful of broccoli slaw, and a few oz of sharp cheddar cheese. You could easily leave out the cheese if dairy doesn't agree with you.
I was so excited to make this that I didn't take step by step pictures - oops! Here are the easy steps.
- Crack eggs into a bowl, beat with a fork. I added salt and pepper.
- Preheat a small skillet and lightly grease the pan with coconut oil. Heat over medium heat.
- Chop up your veggies. I cut my carrots, broccoli and snow peas into bite size bits.
- Add the eggs to the hot pan, let it cook for a few minutes.
- Add the veggies and cheese to the eggs - at this point the eggs should be set up on the bottom, but still very runny on top, so your veggies will sink down into the eggs.
- Let it continue to cook. Many recipes say to put the skillet in the oven to finish cooking. I let mine set up on the stove top, then covered the pan to cook it nearly all the way through. Finally, I used that lid to help me flip the frittata over to finish up the last little bit of cooking.
- All together, this breakfast took me about 15 minutes to cook from start to finish.
I would like to make this again and use more eggs - this should be a little fluffier and fill up the pan more. As it was, this 4 egg made a bit more than a full serving, but not quite enough to feed two (or for two meals) however, it used up the leftovers! :) I was able to slice it like a pizza and eat each little slice with my fingers or my a fork. Delicious.