Monday, December 26, 2011

A Winter Star

I wanted to make something easy, but a little creative on Christmas afternoon - so I browsed Pinterest to check out the ideas I've collected there.  This paper craft star, original design from The Lovely Residence, was both simple and quick to make!  I wanted something in blue so it could be for all winter - something that can stay up  after my Christmas decorations come down.

I used the following supplies:
  • Close to My Heart Magnifique double-sided B&T Paper (6 pieces, 2 each of 3 designs)
  • adhesive
  • stapler
  • ruler
  • scissors
  • pencil

and followed the directions on the blog above.    I couldn't get the center to staple very well - I just wasn't happy with the way it looked so I used one large brad from the Pewter Mini-Medley from CTMH. The whole wreath probably took me about 20 minutes total, and that was only because I was very particular about my cuts and curling.  

I will say this wreath is much bigger than I expected (not sure what I was expecting since it uses 6 pieces of 12x12 paper!)but it hangs very nicely above my buffet that holds all my crafting supplies. Right now this is where my WV tree is displayed. I punched a small hole through two layers of one point using my Crop-a-dile and tied a small bronze bow and loop to hang it from a tiny clear Command hook.


I think I want to make another one from 6x6 paper to hang on my office door, in bright colors for after the holidays!  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment