Wednesday, December 25, 2013

How will you enjoy Christmas?

I'm very excited for Christmas tomorrow - not because of any THINGS or gifts I might receive, but because I get to spent almost 2 whole days at home with my ❤!  It's not often that he has days off completely (working in a business based completely on commission, it's hard to take time off and be away). 


Right now we are having a movie-marathon and enjoying some vino.  Low-key is best in my book (for today anyway!)

Tomorrow, I have a feast planned!  It's just the two of us, so I will make small portions of what I cook.  I started by scouring Pinterest for ideas and pinning the ones that seemed like a good idea to this board - Christmas Dinner.



Christmas Day 2013 Menu

Citrus glazed Cornish Game Hens
Orange and Ginger Glazed Carrots
Crispy Brussel Sprouts
Bacon Green Bean Bundles
Cheddar with Fig Spread
served with Virginia Wine

and for dessert - a very non-paleo Pecan Pie 
(I braved Costco today to gather this!)!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. We'll get up and open presents, I'll make breakfast (I squeezed fresh orange juice today!) and then we'll probably watch another movie, and finally I will start cooking after lunch.  Dinner will be an early afternoon dinner.  These are all new recipes and I hope they turn out!  Check in after the holidays for an update!   Maybe we will finish the night off with a movie theatre trip.    

The best part of Christmas - being off work and together from mid-day Christmas Eve until the morning of the 26th.  :)   

My plan is to go shopping early with some friends for Christmas Clearance sales (re-stock for next season at 50% off!) and then head to see family for a few days.  The celebrations will continue with my WV family until New Year's Day.

What do you have planned for your holiday?






No comments:

Post a Comment